19 May Paul Gessing with Mark Moores
New Mexico State Senator Mark Moores is a candidate for the U.S. House to represent New Mexico’s 1st Congressional District. Paul Gessing is the President of the Rio Grande Foundation, New Mexico’s free-market liberty-oriented think tank and research institute. Paul reviews the top legislative priorities Senator Moores will have in Washington if elected.
Senator Moores prioritized the following concerns:
- I am going to push for reforms that help law enforcement do their jobs.
- We have to secure our borders.
- We have to have a legal immigration system. We are a very proud nation of immigrants. It’s our DNA, but we have to follow the law.
- New Mexico is much harder on small businesses than they are on criminals.
- We are one of only 12 states that tax social security. It is absolutely unfair to double tax our senior citizens on social security.