21 Apr Paul Gessing
Posted at 14:01h in Politics, Public Policy 0 Comments
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Click on the following links for more details on these topics discussed with Rio Grande Foundation President Paul Gessing:
- Rio Grande Foundation Public Policy ideas are for New Mexico.
- Do Politicians actually listen?
- A new national report gives MLG poor marks on pandemic performance: https://errorsofenchantment.com/national-report-gives-mlg-poor-marks-on-pandemic-performance/.
- MLG extends the health emergency yet again to May 16: https://cv.nmhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/041522-PHO-Declaration-and-Limited-Mask-Mandate.pdf
- Biden Administration increases royalties and scales back leases on federal lands, including an 80% reduction in leases in New Mexico: https://errorsofenchantment.com/biden-increases-oil-royalty-rate-and-scales-back-lease-sales-on-federal-lands/.
- The special session results in tax “rebates.” Thinly veiled scheme to assist the Gov. in getting reelected. $250/$500 by June 30 depending on single/couple filing status, with a second check coming in August. These are “refundable” credits. Cost: $220 million. Illegal immigrants, those who don’t file taxes, and seniors will receive checks, and their share will come out of the $20 million.
- The Legislature denied her funding, but MLG announced she’d spend $500,000 on a 75% fare reduction for the Rail Runner anyway: https://errorsofenchantment.com/mlg-is-denied-rail-runner-by-legislature-does-it-anyway/.
- Why is the Biden Administration coming after Charter Schools? : https://errorsofenchantment.com/just-when-you-thought-the-biden-administration-had-bottomed-out-now-they-are-coming-after-charter-schools/.
- KOAT story on RGF’s successful IPRA suit and the constant flow of tax dollar payments for denied public records: https://errorsofenchantment.com/koat-channel-7-covers-rgfs-successful-lawsuit-against-keller-administration/
- Union-backed mayor Keller vetoes bill that would have restored market forces to public works projects: https://errorsofenchantment.com/union-backed-mayor-keller-vetoes-measure-to-restore-competition-in-city-contracts/
- RGF speaker series with Daniel Suhr, one of the nation’s top legal experts on limited government and emergency powers.
Thursday, May 5th, from 12:00 pm-1:00 pm at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North. Tickets are available now! Early bird pricing is here until May 2nd.
RSVP: https://rgfnm.com/suhr. The price includes plated lunch. https://errorsofenchantment.com/rgf-reboots-speaker-series-may-5th-2022-limiting-government-in-an-emergency-vaccine-mandates-lockdowns-and-the-next-crisis/