03 Nov Paul Gessing
Rio Grande Foundation President Paul Gessing recaps the results of municipal elections around New Mexico and several key results from other states around the country. Follow the links for more information on all the topics Paul covers in this episode:
- Election results with political impact Nationally:
- Glen Youngkin Republican wins VA Gov. race & Biden’s national agenda.
- New Mexico Election Results: Mayor’s race, ABQ city council/Las Cruces City Council, school board elections in ABQ/Las Cruces/Rio Rancho, United Stadium.
- PNM/Avangrid merger rejected by hearing examiner. What does this mean?
- NM PED cancels in-person meeting on controversial social studies curriculum/changes to legal representation for school board members: https://errorsofenchantment.com/new-mexico-public-education-department-cancels-in-person-meeting-on-controversial-social-studies-curriculum/.
- NM’s House speaker fails on basic economics, tries to stoke “sexism” at UNM: https://errorsofenchantment.com/supply-and-demand-new-mexico-style/
- Duke Energy CEO says, “You can’t do net-zero without nuclear,” but NM is abandoning nuclear power: https://errorsofenchantment.com/net-zero-cant-be-achieved-w-o-nuclear-but-nm-is-abandoning-nuclear/
- Lujan Grisham and Biden in Scotland for the climate summit. Of course, they flew (commercial???) But numerous others used their private jets to get there: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10152027/Hypocrite-airways-Jeff-Bezoss-48m-gulf-stream-leads-parade-400-private-jets.html
- ABQ Journal polling data shows even in “blue ABQ,” voters care less about COVID and climate change than crime, homelessness, and schools. https://errorsofenchantment.com/climate-change-dramatically-lags-crime-homelessness-and-school-quality-in-new-abq-journal-poll/
- Keller Administration/City Council pushes to eliminate heavy plastic bags: https://www.abqjournal.com/2442635/abq-moving-to-ban-the-thicker-plastic-bags.html?utm_medium
- COVID-19 is dropping nationally but rising in a few states: https://www.koat.com/article/the-rate-of-covid-19-cases-is-dropping-nationally-but-rising-in-these-states/37919681.