22 Sep Paul Gessing
Rio Grande Foundation President Paul Gessing is busy helping New Mexicans get ready for the election by ensuring we have information about the economic issues facing New Mexico. Follow these topics with links to additional information:
- Gun control measures proposed by the city council: https://errorsofenchantment.com/abq-city-council-to-consider-anti-gun-measures-at-meeting-on-september-9/.
- Public Health Order Updates:
- Youth sports conditioning and skills development may start with no more than ten individuals in any one group. Competitive contact play remains off-limits.
- New Mexicans may overnight camp at most state parks in groups of no more than 10. Pick-your-own pumpkin patches will be permitted to operate.
- Ice skating rinks may operate for athletic training and practice by reservation only.
- Swimming pools may open with no more than ten individuals in a pool at any one time; previously, swimming pools were permitted only to provide lane swimming.
- Movie theaters remain closed. https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/movie-theaters-in-new-mexico-to-remain-closed-under-new-public-health-order/5866158/?cat=500
- Lawsuit on private/public schools that has been filed by Doug Peterson.
- Trump-appointed federal judge’s smacks down that State’s lockdown. https://errorsofenchantment.com/trump-appointed-judge-gets-it-while-invalidating-pennsylvania-lockdown/
- New Mexico’s August unemployment rate remains in double digits: https://errorsofenchantment.com/joining-locked-down-blue-states-nms-august-unemployment-rate-11-3/.
- Project Labor Agreements on the County’s plan Tuesday night.
- A new report, electricity prices jumped 10.1% last year (a prelude to further rate hikes?): https://errorsofenchantment.com/new-report-new-mexico-residential-electricity-rates-rose-9-2-over-past-year/.
- San Juan County raises taxes to overcome economic woes: https://errorsofenchantment.com/san-juan-county-attempts-to-overcome-economic-woes-by-raising-taxes/.
- NM set up a $300 permanent fund for pre-K in the 2020 Legislative session. According to the Santa Fe New Mexican, it isn’t growing. Rather than using that money or opening the economy, MLG still wants a federal bailout: https://errorsofenchantment.com/the-left-loves-oil-gas-money-but-hate-the-industry-itself/.
- Oil production bounced a bit in June, but it is still way down: https://errorsofenchantment.com/the-latest-on-nm-oil-production-a-slight-bump-in-june-but-down-20-since-march/.