20 May Paul Gessing
Paul goes to work for us today, explaining the “All Together New Mexico” document released by Governor Lujan-Grisham on May 15, 2020. The first topic we discuss today is the “contact tracing” requirements for restaurants. Paul raises the question if these rules are an infringement on the rights and liberties afforded us by the Constitution? Paul Gessing is the President of the Rio Grande Foundation. Their mission is to increase freedom and prosperity for all of New Mexico. Paul helps to accomplish this goal by informing citizens of the importance of individual liberties, limited government, and economic opportunity. Go to https://riograndefoundation.org/ for more information.
Follow these direct links as background for our topics today:
- Santa Fe has a $100 million deficit: https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/new-mexicorsquos-capital-city-forecasts-100m-budget-deficit/5734526/?cat=500
- New Mexico is ranked 44th in the country of States opening up their economies: https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-fewest-coronavirus-restrictions/73818/
- Elephant Butte still shut down, going into the Memorial Day Holiday.
- The left is pushing to tap the permanent fund for Virus recovery AND again for early childhood programs: https://errorsofenchantment.com/tapping-the-permanent-fund-is-all-purpose-solution-for-the-left/
- CA’s gov just called for 10% across the board cut to government employee pay. https://errorsofenchantment.com/california-gov-newsom-plans-10-pay-cuts-to-all-government-employees-crickets-from-gov-lujan-grisham/
- Governor Lujan-Grisham has done nothing about the economy (including giving up her salary or pulling back on those 17% cabinet pay raises).
- The left is saying, “don’t cut anything.” John Arthur doesn’t seem inclined to tap the permanent fund (the logistics are difficult anyway). It certainly seems like their goal is to get past November and THEN raise taxes: https://errorsofenchantment.com/former-rep-mieras-facile-case-for-not-cutting-education/
- Pledge not to raise taxes through the end of the 2021 session. http://riograndefoundation.org/pledge